One of the most important decisions you will make before your breast implant surgery is choosing the right size implant. There is no such thing as “one size fits all” If there were, you wouldn’t be considering breast augmentation in the first place.
There are several considerations board-certified Virginia breast augmentation surgeon, Dr. Eric Desman, will need to make before suggesting the right size implant for you. This will include:
- Your current breast size
- Your breast size in relation to the width of your chest
- The space between your breasts
- The base and width of your breasts
- The amount of stretch in your current breast tissue
With these considerations and a full assessment of your entire frame, Dr. Desman will be able to determine the size of implant that will best provide you with a natural and appealing appearance.
Prior to your breast augmentation consultation, you can find photographs of breasts you find attractive. This will give Dr. Desman a better idea of what you are hoping to achieve.
You can also perform simple tests at home to help determine what size implant you may be interested in. These include:
- The Rice Test – fill a stocking with 300 cc’s (10 oz.) of uncooked rice and place it in an unpadded bra. You can gradually increase the amount of rice until you find a size that appeals to you.
- The Water Test – Similar to the rice test, only using plastic baggies and water, this test can also give you a better idea of what you might be looking for.
Bring your results to your initial consultation. Dr. Desman is devoted to helping you look and feel your very best and will carefully consider your input during every stage of your breast augmentation procedure.
If you live in or around Washington D.C. or Northern Virginia, including Alexandria, Arlington, Fairfax, Fairfax County and Springfield, Virginia, and would like more information about breast augmentation, please contact the Virginia Center for Plastic Surgery to schedule an initial consultation with Dr. Desman today.