Many women find the effects of childbirth or changes in hormone levels have caused them to suffer from incontinence, inability to reach orgasm, sexual discomfort, vaginal laxity, and/or vaginal dryness. ThermiVa is the first non-surgical feminine rejuvenation treatment for women who want to reverse these effects.
ThermiVa is a revolutionary, in-office treatment that uses heat therapy delivered via radiofrequency waves to promote the body to kickstart new, all-natural collagen production, which helps tighten vaginal tissues. ThermiVa is a pain-free and non-invasive option for feminine rejuvenation that has no recovery time and provides fast results.
In clinical studies, use of ThermiVa has shown proven improvements in the following conditions.-
- Vaginal tightness –After ThermiVa treatment, contraction occurs both at the vaginal opening and throughout the entire vagina. Women and their partners will notice these changes immediately.
- Mild to moderate incontinence/overactive bladder –ThermiVa, combined with pelvic floor physical therapy, can help reduce urinary leakage and the constant urge to urinate, helping many women avoid the need for invasive and painful bladder surgeries like pelvic mesh or slings.
- Sexual or orgasmic dysfunction – Treatments with ThermiVa may increase nerve sensitivity, stronger contractions of the vaginal and pelvic muscles, and the ability to reach orgasms sooner. ThermiVa treatments have proven to be safe and comfortable, even around sensitive areas such as the clitoris.
- Aesthetic labial appearance –ThermiVa tightens labial tissues and results in smoother skin, which can improve the outward appearance of the labia and increase sexual confidence.
- Vaginal dryness – A lack of vaginal moisture, both inside and out, can lead to sexual discomfort. Increased vaginal lubrication creates more sexual satisfaction for both partners.
Q: Who is a good candidate for ThermiVa?
A: Candidates for ThermiVa are women over 21 who, due to childbirth or the aging process, have experienced laxity of their vaginal tissue, loss of libido, reduced sexual satisfaction, vaginal dryness, and leakage problems.
Q: How many treatments will I need?
A: We recommend one ThermiVa treatment each month over the course of three months. The treatments take approximately 30 minutes.
Q: When will I notice the results?
A: Though results vary from woman to woman, visible results are typically immediate while functional results begin with the first treatment and become optimal after additional sessions.
Q: How long do the results last?
A: The effects of ThermiVa last for about 9 to 12 months, and to maintain optimal results, we recommend patients get regular maintenance treatments at least once per year.
Q: Will ThermiVa treatments be painful?
A: No; in fact, many patients remark that the treatment feels like a warm, soothing massage. ThermiVa is a comfortable in-office procedure that requires no anesthesia. Dr. Eric Desman performs this treatment by delivering controlled radiofrequency heat energy over the labia and inside the vagina, via a soft plastic hand tool.
Q: How soon can I have ThermiVa treatments after giving birth?
A: We recommend waiting at least six weeks to let your body recover from childbirth, assuming you had a normal vaginal delivery with no complications.
Q: Can I get ThermiVa treatments if I am breastfeeding?
A: Yes, we can treat breastfeeding patients. The ThermiVa treatment has no effect on your ability to breastfeed or to produce breast milk that is safe for your baby.
Q: Can I get ThermiVa treatments if I have already gone through menopause?
A: Yes – this procedure helps both pre- and postmenopausal women.
Q: What is the best way to prepare for my treatment?
A: We recommend all ThermiVa patients have had normal results from a pelvic exam within the last two years. We also suggest either trimming, shaving, or waxing pubic hair one week before your treatment to prevent irritation. If you have had vaginal surgery, or have a history of recurring urinary tract infections, please inform us before starting treatment, as we may require further examination.
Q: How long does it take to recover from ThermiVa?
A: There is no recovery time, and you can resume all your normal activities, including sexual intercourse, immediately after the procedure.
Join the ThermiVa Revolution Today
Women seeking non-surgical vaginal rejuvenation in Northern Virginia can contact the Virginia Center for Plastic Surgery at 703-634-4212 to schedule a ThermiVa consultation with board-certified cosmetic surgeon Dr. Eric Desman.