If you have more than one aesthetic concern to address, you may wish to consider combining body contouring procedures. The continual advances in surgical techniques and patient safety have made it more likely for skilled surgeons like Dr. Eric Desman to recommend getting two procedures at the same time.
Benefits of Pairing Cosmetic Surgeries
There are significant benefits to combining your desired procedures, including the following.
1. Less Anesthesia Means Less Risk
A single surgery means you will only need to go under anesthesia once. While anesthesia-related complications are rare in the care of an experienced surgical team, they can still occur while you are going under or coming out of anesthesia. The combined approach is safer for many patients who wish to reduce stress on the body that often arises due to anesthesia.
2. Only One Recovery Time
Undergoing cosmetic surgery means you must commit to a recovery period afterward to give your body a chance to heal and for you to get used to your new appearance. When you combine procedures, you only have to worry about setting aside time for recovery once – which is ideal with today’s hectic schedules.
3. Reduced Expenses
There are various expenses associated with getting surgery, including anesthesiologist’s and surgeon’s fees, operating room costs, prescription, and over-the-counter medications, and any supplies you might need while you recover. By combining procedures, you can save a significant amount of money by only having to pay these fees once. Patients who are considering combining procedures should take this benefit into account.
4. Show off Dramatic Results
While you may initially be nervous about the idea of pairing surgical procedures, you will find even better outcomes by achieving multiple goals in only one surgical experience. Once you have fully recovered, you can take pride in flaunting your newly contoured body for the world to see.
What Procedures Can You Combine?
Though the decision of which procedures to pair is entirely up to you, many patients report high levels of satisfaction from combining surgeries such as the following.
- Breast lift + breast augmentation: Improve the overall size, shape, volume, and projection of your breasts by getting a breast lift along with breast implants.
- Tummy tuck + liposuction: Stubborn belly fat can be challenging to lose on your own, especially as you get older. If you’re concerned about loose, hanging skin on your abdominal region due to pregnancies or weight fluctuations, adding liposuction to your tummy tuck can help you achieve the flat, toned stomach you have always wanted, but have never been able to achieve.
- Breast reduction + breast lift: If your large breasts are interfering with your daily activities, or making it harder for you to choose clothes that fit comfortably, you are probably an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery. Large breasts can be embarrassing in social situations, and can even cause back and neck pain for many women. A breast reduction can bring your breasts down to a more manageable size, while a breast lift will make your bustline perkier and give you a sexy, pert appearance.
- Mommy makeover: Despite what you may have seen in celebrity gossip magazines, it is not easy for every woman to bounce back from pregnancy and breastfeeding. That’s why the mommy makeover is probably the best-known combination of cosmetic surgery procedures. This do-it-all dynamo can help restore a woman’s pre-pregnancy shape by addressing two of the most common areas affected by pregnancy: the belly and the breasts. Though your procedure will be highly personalized, you may choose to get a breast lift or reduction along with a tummy tuck, for example.
- Daddy do-over: Though it hasn’t quite attained the household name status of a mommy makeover, daddy do-overs are growing in popularity among middle-aged men who are looking for a way to improve their appearance. Men who struggle to get a toned torso at the gym can now choose to combine male breast reduction with liposuction or a tummy tuck for a more masculine appearance.
Considering Combining Surgeries? Call Us Today
If you are in excellent overall health, you may be a good candidate for combining surgical body contouring procedures. If you are looking for an experienced cosmetic surgeon in Northern Virginia or Washington, D.C., who puts your needs first, contact us at the Virginia Center for Plastic Surgery. A private consultation with Dr. Desman is the best way to determine if you are a good candidate for the procedures you’re considering.