JUVÉDERM® VOLLURE XC in Virginia
As you age and your skin becomes less elastic, fine lines and wrinkles may become etched onto your face. In many cases, these bring character to your appearance and indicate a well-lived life. However, you might wish to minimize some wrinkles, such as the nasolabial folds that bracket your mouth like parentheses. Dr. Desman recommends a dermal filler called JUVÉDERM® VOLLURE XC for addressing these concerns.
How Does VOLLURE Work?
VOLLURE is part of the JUVÉDERM® product family from Allergan. The primary ingredient in all JUVÉDERM products is hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring sugar that can attract and retain a massive amount of moisture. VOLLURE also has a topical anesthetic called lidocaine in its formula, which helps minimize any discomfort during the injection process.
One notable difference between VOLLURE and many other types of filler is that Allergan manufactures it using a technology called VYCROSS®, which enables cross-linking of the hyaluronic acid particles. This unique formulation creates a smooth gel with longer-lasting results than similar products – up to 18 months, in some cases.
Proven Benefits of VOLLURE
Hyaluronic acid-based dermal fillers have continued to be one of the most sought-after non-surgical cosmetic procedures available today. Why has everyone from models to math teachers embraced VOLLURE, and should you consider making it part of your anti-aging regimen?
- Quick, painless injections: Because Dr. Desman uses an ultra-fine needle, and because this product contains an anesthetic, you should not experience any discomfort with this injectable.
- Natural-looking results that last: Our patients love dermal fillers for their ability to provide instant gratification. You’ll notice an improvement in your lines and wrinkles the same day you receive your injections. However, VOLLURE can also continue improving your appearance for months after your initial appointment. Many of our patients report enjoying their newly refreshed appearance for as long as a year and a half.
- No downtime: VOLLURE is an in-office procedure; you can get injections on your lunch break and return to work immediately afterward.
- Safe: Hyaluronic acid products are biocompatible, and the entire JUVÉDERM product family has received FDA approval after passing a series of rigorous trials.
Who Is a Good Candidate for VOLLURE?
If you’re in good overall health and do not have any underlying medical conditions, you are likely well-suited to get VOLLURE injections. VOLLURE is ideal for anyone with a busy lifestyle who doesn’t have time to commit to the lengthy recovery process that often accompanies surgical anti-aging procedures.
Allergan does not recommend the use of this product for people under age 21, or women who are pregnant or nursing. During your private consultation with Dr. Desman, he will examine your skin and ask you questions about your health history and aesthetic expectations to help you decide if VOLLURE injections are the right choice for you.
What to Expect During and After VOLLURE Injections in Virginia
On the day of your appointment, Dr. Desman will typically use a pen to mark the treatment area. He will then inject precise amounts of JUVÉDERM VOLLURE XC into your face, using his knowledge of facial anatomy to ensure a natural-looking outcome.
After injecting the product, Dr. Desman will lightly massage the area to ensure an even distribution and reduce the chance of swelling. The entire procedure usually takes between 15 and 60 minutes, depending on the extent of what you are having treated.
The most common side effects of hyaluronic acid injections include mild bruising, redness, and swelling around the injection site, which will typically resolve on their own after a couple of days. You can use ice packs to help keep swelling to a minimum.
The Best VOLLURE Injections in Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, D.C.
Can you erase wrinkles without surgery? Absolutely. VOLLURE can take years off your appearance. If you’re looking for a qualified, trained injector in the greater Washington, D.C., metropolitan area, contact us at the Virginia Center for Plastic Surgery via our online contact form or call our friendly team at 703.982.7106 to schedule your confidential consultation with Dr. Desman.
Frequently Asked Questions About VOLLURE in Virginia
The answer to this question depends on your cosmetic goals, and how much of the product you’ll need to achieve them. After meeting with you in person, Dr. Desman can give you a more accurate cost estimate.
Yes, you can! If you have moderate to deep volume loss, nasolabial folds, marionette lines, and concerns such as brow furrows and crow’s feet in the upper third of your face, Dr. Desman may recommend a full-face rejuvenation known as a “liquid facelift.” This option uses a combination of dermal fillers and neuromodulators such as Botox to achieve a total refresh. This option is ideal for anyone unwilling or unable to commit to more invasive surgical procedures.
You won’t need to plan for any time off from work and your normal daily activities after getting VOLLURE injections. Most of our patients jump back into action right away. However, if it’s your first time having facial fillers done and you are worried about side effects, we recommend scheduling your procedure on Friday afternoon, so you can take the weekend off to recover.
Though VOLLURE naturally has long-lasting results thanks to its unique formulation, there are some things you can do to try extending them further.
- Use high-quality skin care products: Our in-house line, VCPS Neos, provides a wide range of options for various skin types and concerns.
- Avoid stress: Stress can accelerate the aging process. Turn to healthy coping mechanisms such as exercise, yoga, and meditation to alleviate stress and anxiety you may be feeling.
- Wear sunscreen: Every time you go outside, apply a sunblock with an SPF of at least 30 and reapply every two hours.
When you choose to have a board-certified physician such as Dr. Desman perform your VOLLURE injections, it’s unlikely you’ll be unhappy with the outcome. However, if you wish to reverse the procedure for whatever reason, an enzyme called hyaluronidase can reverse the effects of hyaluronic acid fillers.