Obagi Skin Care Instructions
Serving Alexandria, Northern Virginia, and Washington, DC
The following instructions should be followed when using the Obagi Skin Care system:
- Cleanser: Wash your face with your hands. Put a small amount of cleanser on your fingertip and apply to your face using fingertips to lather. Rinse with water. You can use this treatment more than twice a day if you want to wash your face more often, but always follow with toner application. TWICE A DAY: MORNING AND NIGHT
- Toner: Apply with a cotton ball. Do not do your eyelids. Do not rinse. TWICE A DAY: MORNING AND NIGHT
- Clear: Apply with fingertip to your entire face. Let this absorb into the skin before applying the next step. TWICE A DAY: MORNING AND NIGHT
- Exfoderm: Apply to your entire face except the eyelids. Let it absorb into skin. ONCE A DAY: MORNING
- Blender: This is to be mixed with Retin-A prescription. Mix on the back of your hand before applying. Instructions for variations in mixture strength are in your booklet on page 1. Standard mixture is equal parts of blender and Retin-A. Either use the diagram in the book across from page one which means using a line from 0 to A on the package, or use a green pea size circle of each. Blend together and apply to your entire face. ONCE A DAY: NIGHTTIME
- Sunfader: Apply to your entire face. This has a sunscreen in it and it will help to protect you from sun damage. Try to avoid direct sun exposure during the restoration phase. However, if this cannot be avoided, apply additional sun block and wear a covering. ONCE A DAY-ONLY IN MORNING
Do not use any other products while on the Obagi system. Use all six of the products while in the skin restoring phase. Expect redness, flaking, dryness and worsening of the problems for a couple of weeks as impurities are being brought to the surface and the top layer of old skin is sloughed off.
It normally takes six to eight weeks for skin to complete the restoration process. At this time, you will need to come in for a follow-up appointment with Dr. Desman to see which activation/maintenance schedule you need to follow for your skin type.
Please contact our Alexandria plastic surgeon today to schedule your initial consultation at the Virginia Center for Plastic Surgery, serving patients in Alexandria, Northern Virginia, and Washington DC.